Thursday, May 27, 2010

Safe driving practices

There's a section of freeway that I drive every morning that is notoriously riddled with traffic. On most days it's stop-and-go and I've been known to eat a banana or switch radio stations while we're going 10 mph. What you won't catch me doing, however, is applying eye makeup. That makes you an accident waiting to happen. I was tempted to snap a picture, but hey, that wouldn't be a safe driving practice.

Lucky for me, there was a highway patrol car cheesing it on the shoulder. They were helping keep the crazies in check - normally you get an assortment of morons that dart in and out of traffic trying to jockey for position or to get into the line for the exit at the last second. I thought for sure the officer would notice the rather erratic driving of the lady in front of me, who was steadily drawing on her face with an eye pencil. Unlucky for me, the police officer had bigger fish to fry as the lady went by them without any fanfare. Maybe next time the lady will get pulled over. Or maybe she'll rear end someone. Or maybe she'll jab her eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment