Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 5th of July

I decided to come to the office today rather than take the day off. One, it saves me from having to burn time off. I'd rather use that to plan for actual time off and/or vacation use. Two, I don't want to get swamped with 4 days of accumulated work if I don't have to. It's tolerable to come in on a Monday and have to catch up from the weekend. When I took Memorial Day off, I learned quickly that 4 days of work is just too much hassle.

I set my alarm this morning even though I could come in whenever I want. I also didn't dress casually today because that's just me. I joked around about coming to work in sweatpants but when it comes down to it, I'm here to work. After going through my morning routine, I got to work earlier than normal because there was no traffic at all on the highways. Not a bad way to start what will likely be an unproductive day.

So what have I accomplished in the half hour since I've gotten to the office? Well, after getting upstairs where my office is, I decided to shoot a quick video from my phone. The office is completely empty and the silence is wonderful. I'll try to link to the video later. I also completed a task that has been long overdue - I changed my voicemail settings from the past accountant to my own recorded messages. I know, right? I should have done that shit on day one!

I'm not sure what the rest of the day entails, although a cup of coffee is calling my name right now. I'll get down to business after that.

1 comment:

  1. I know WRONG. Can someone please explain to me the social phenomena that invoked the phrase, "I know, right?" with upwards inflection put on the _right_?

    ino^rite

    I just recently removed bling-bling from my vernacular, and now I'm regretting it.

    ReplyDelete