Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All hope is lost

Or at least, all hope of comedy is lost. Not that it was ever really in doubt, but I am convinced yet again that my brand of humor just doesn't jive with the rest of the people in the office. This is why I generally keep to myself when I'm at work - to avoid those awkward silences when I make a funny remark only to be met by blank stares and cricket sounds.

A perfect example ocurred just recently. I have two meetings to attend, both of which are less than exciting to me. I asked someone what time the meetings kick off by saying - "so where's this killer party gonna be that we got invited to today?" Crickets. Blank stares. Someone finally chimed in by saying something like "killer...party?" Seriously. It's not that complicated of a joke. I simply referenced the lame ass work-related meetings as a killer party. Failure of epic proportions.

No comments:

Post a Comment